The Keeper of Secrets

I'm reading Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl, and yes I'm only reading it now. The copy is actually Ian's (my landlady's son) so this must be especially translated for high schoolers, meaning it's easy to read.

In the first pages, Anne Frank was trying to analyze why she should keep a diary. Aside from her initial reason that it's because "paper is more patient than man," she came to a conclusion that the reason of her starting a diary is because she has no real friend.

I felt a pang. Maybe this is the case with me, too. I love to write. I write almost everyday (non-work related). I feel that I express myself better with written than spoken words. I write about how I feel, what I did, etc. I don't particularly like talking ,especially if it's one-way (teaching, I used to tutor online) but I enjoy discussing things with friends. Because friends are not always there whenever I wanna talk, I talk to my journal or this blog instead.

Popular Posts