Comic Book Haul

When I learned that Visprint is holding a warehouse sale on all Saturdays of October, I felt a mix of exitement and sadness. I thought I can finally complete my Trese collection, but I wasn't sure if I still have money to spare because I still need to buy other important stuff.

Seeing the price list come Friday night was the deciding factor. Everything was marked down to almost half it's original price. My eyes popped hearts. I really give in that easily when it comes to books.

I am an eager beaver and I was afraid the books that I want would go out of stock soon so I decided to go to the first day of the sale. I found companions with Rein and Shyne (third wheel forever!), and contrary to my assumptions, there were no other customers when we got to their warehouse in Pasay. Even from afar, we could see the excitement on the personnel's faces while were making out way into the warehouse.

Originally, I intended to spend P800 only. I have prepared this list of books I'm gonna buy and told myself to stick with the plan. Of course, that crumbled once I found myself surrounded with books. In the end I spent P1373, but I regret nothing. Just look at my stash.



I've been meaning to buy Bob Ong books for the longest time but I always tend to put them in my least priority. This time I thought I didn't have any more excuses since they're on sale. It's just too bad ABNKKBSNPLAko was not included in the sale because apparently, they are repackaging it. (A very sad news, for someone who prefers getting books in their original covers.)

The Bob Ong books are for my mother, and whoever wants to read them at home (in Cagayan). You see, sometimes she reads my books (the ones in Filipino). One time, I saw my copy of Orosa-Nakpil, Malate (Louie Mar Gangcuangco) lying facedown in her room and I wanted to get the book and hide it for fear that she might judge me for the kinds of books I'm reading, but I thought, watdahel, I'm an adult now, I'll read whatever I want. :p Since then, I've been buying her light reads.

I was able to buy the rest of the Trese series! It's a steal really. (I bought the first two books from the Aklatan Book Festival last month to see if I can appreciate it.) Several years ago, I remember not giving a damn about these Trese books whenever I saw them in bookstores. The cover just didn't appeal to me. (I totally judge a book by its cover.) But I try to give a chance. I picked up a sample one time, but then I found the premise not interesting enough. I'm sorry Budjette and KaJo, I have no idea what I was looking for at that time, hehe. Plus there was a friend who told me it wasn't really good. But hey, look at me now. Trese is what I hold before I go to sleep and it's the one I take with me to bathroom in the morning. (I'm sorry, it this degrading or what?:p) I'm even shoving the books to my friends, just so I can spread the awesomeness of it.

Parman (David Hontiveros), The Dark Colony: The Demon Dungeon (Budjette Tan, Bow Guerrero and JB Tapia) and Naermyth (Karen Francisco) were not my list but were highly suggested by my companions so I had to get them, too, even though I was already done purchasing what's on my list. Project 17 (Eliza Victoria) was there because I liked the cover (see?). The plot seems good though, it's also a thriller. Well, everything but the Bob Ong in this haul are thriller. My old  stash will have to stay a bit longer in the shelf because it's Filipino literature time muna. :)

This is me. I'd rather buy books than bags or shoes.
---
So I had to get a new bag big enough to carry wide books. It took me really long time to decide what I should get because I don't get why I have to spend almost the same amount of all these books on a single bag. Why are ladies' bags so expensive??

Popular Posts