The Filipino Heroes League by Paolo Fabregas


Undermanned and under-funded, the Filipino Heroes League does what it can to fight against injustice.

It's tough being a superhero but its even tougher being a third-world superhero.


---
"Bakit ngayon ko lang to na-discover?!," was my reaction when I started flipping through the pages of the book one. I used to snub these books because the cover strikes me as for children only. (Although, I still read children's books from time to time. :p) I was urged to buy them because they're listed in PinoyReads' Astig Graphic Novels.

The Filipino Heroes League has an amazing graphics and pretty good storyline. And just like Budjette Tan, FHL had me at pedicab:


I knew then that this comics is extraordinary. :D

The story revolves around a group of local heroes in the third world Philippines. Local superheroes going abroad to earn more, a Pinoy superhero working as a sidekick for an American superhero gets more airtime TV, superheroes working part-time to earn for their family, Islamic Defenders as villains – in other words, the normal stuff ordinary people encounter in their daily lives. That's exactly what makes this graphic novel amazing. It's the reality, maybe that's why I found it funny. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen to those bunch of superheroes fighting each other. Release the Book 3 please! :)

Popular Posts