Mythologies and Superheroes

Just finished reading the last from my stash of Filipino lit I hauled from Visprint couple of months back. I read the comic books first because they're easier to read, before proceeding to the novels. I just finished the last one, Naermyth, so yeah, I still got a hangover on that one.


Well, after all that mythology and superheroes themed reads, I feel like writing one, too. LOL I'm not saying novel, just a short story or something. I haven't even tried to write in years so I don't know how's that going to be. But one thing is sure, I love myths and folklore so it has been an interesting two months! It took me two months to finish all these books because I'm really a slow reader and I usually only get to read before bedtime. :p

I've never even thought of writing about mythology before. Though as a kid who loved to read and probably wished to be a writer, those were the kinds of stories I wanted to write. I always enjoyed reading various alamat stories and other kiddie fiction. Probably the closest attempt I ever did was a short story I've written back in high school– a love story between a teenagers, one of which died and became a ghost. I wish I still have it. I'd love to read it again just to cringe at the cheesiness and all the grammar mistakes. :D

I know I'm very late to the party. Some of my officemates has read those books long before. I'm very thankful I am surrounded by awesome people who introduced me to a whole new world of Philippine comics (or graphic novel as we call it now)– books that I never bothered to touch when in bookstores. Don't get me wrong, I've always been very supportive of Filipino literature. But I usually just buy the 'more serious' ones. You know, the usual novel. I haven't turned into a geek (kulang pa!), but my preferences has widened and I was happy with that.

So anyway, because I had this terrible hangover, I will try to write my two cents and whatnots about the books. I don't write reviews so expect some crappy one or two paragraphs awkward blabs on how I enjoyed the books.

Popular Posts