Why is it more fun in the Philippines?

It's one of those days that I had to run errands. When I got home, which is later than usual, this kid, my landlady's niece walk up to me and started explaining about her assignment and ask if I could help her. It was for her public speaking class and she asked me if I could write her a piece - something that runs for 3 to 5 minutes. This was what I came out with after less than an hour. When I handed it over, she thanked me several times and in my mind I wanted to reply, "No biggie, just give my number to your, Kuya."

---

Why is it more fun in the Philippines?

Well, let's start with the fact that this country in the Far East is made up of seven thousand one hundred seven islands. Aside from its handful of islands, the Philippines has a lot of other things to offer.

The Philippines has a very eventful history. Being colonized for centuries by the Spanish, Americans and Japanese, we sure have a very diverse culture.

Filipinos speak over a hundred dialects but this doesn't stop them from understanding each other. They live in separate islands but they find ways to be together on important occasions.

It's more fun in the Philippines because the Filipino culture is filled with colour. Filipinos always like it bright and happy. Just look at the iconic jeepneys and tricycles, painted with all sorts of iconic views and decorated with various trinkets. It's not a fiesta if there are no banderitas hanging over our heads. Even our food shows how colourful we are.

What could be more fun than celebrations? The Filipino people love to celebrate. From eventful occasions such as weddings and birthdays to petty, insignificant happenings such as owning a new pair of shoes, we demand a celebration. Filipinos see every opportunity to celebrate. We party on the beach, on the mountainside and even on the street!

The Philippines is perfect for the adventurous-souls. We have all sorts of offerings for nature-trippers. It's in the Philippines where you can find a perfect-cone volcano and mountains shaped like a maiden sleeping on its back. Our forests and mountains are rich in folklores, myths, and legends that are age-old. The Philippines is really unique in so many ways. We have birds, monkeys and other animals that can only be found in this part of the planet. Want to take a dip in the Philippine waters? You can choose from our black, ash, cream and powdery white beaches.

You can always find more of anything in the Philippines. That is why it is more fun in the Philippines!

Popular Posts