A Night in Santorini

Monday night was very poetic. If only I could write poems. I did try writing lines to capture the moment, but all that comes out of the pen were unsavory sentences that aren't enough to translate all the feels of that moment.

Monday to Tuesday, I was in Tagaytay with the rest of the Public Affairs people of my new work. I thought, I've been with them only for a week and now I'm supposed to participate in the planning session for the coming year. I was a bit anxious because I was so clueless.

The venue was Estancia Hotel. Along with two others from my unit, I was housed in one of the Santorini Villas. All the cottages face the Taal Lake.



Later that night, after the planning session, dinner and PAG Christmas party, I went back to our cottage and climbed up the view deck to get a better view of the sky. The sight was wonderful. The moon was casting a faint glow on to the surroundings, and the stars! Always majestic up there. I realized how rare I see stars since I moved to the city. (Well, back in the province, night sky filled with stars is ordinary, one of the mundane things people really don't find interesting, well except probably on brownouts when everyone would go outdoors at night.)

That night in Tagaytay, stargazing sent gushes into me. I don't know, maybe I just missed it that much. It was chilly but I choose to not put on jacket, because after all, these will be all gone in a matter of house when we go back to the metro.



The next morning, I got up just in time to witness an extraordinary sunrise. After several snaps, I crawled back to bed and got up only when we're called for breakfast.

The drastic change of climate - from cold (Tagaytay) to hot (Manila) and cold (office) left me with a cold though. 

Popular Posts