Christmas 2013

I have to reach 25 years before I muster the courage of spending Christmas away from my family. I could've gone home, I got a ticket, but I chose not to, because work. Yah, I know. To make myself feel less guilty, I have to tell myself how it's a very adult decision.

I've got a new job and I couldn't ask for leaves because, you know, I'm new. And I know even if they allowed me to get absent for 26 and 27, I would still be working from home. I'm not sure I can perform work at home. Anyway, I could've gone home at 23rd and went back to Manila on the 25th, but I chose comfort over Christmas. It would be too much of a hassle and besides, we do not have big celebrations on Christmas. So I thought, maybe I'll just spend Christmas with friends. Maybe go to Baguio. Maybe just cook for myself and watch movies and then have a plenty of rest. I took the former.


This was my Christmas eve dinner. By 12, I was already in bed because my my body was really tired from doing the laundry in the morning.

Carbonara cooked by moi. I was supposed to buy litson manok, but all litson manok outlets in our place has a long line, so I bought barbecue instead (I ate half of 'em while walking home). I need to have a kakanin so I bought pichi-pichi. I planned to just buy a bucket of fried Chicken from Jollibee or KFC, that would've saved me a lot of time and effort. But I was considering the ones I will give *atang for. lol

My friend Shyne told me I could just spend Christmas eve with them, but my introversion has really taken a different level now. I thought if I'd go to friends places, then I'd have to talk to everyone else, which is not my forte. I'm just too awkward.

I watched 'That 70's Show' while eating dinner, and surprisingly, I didn't really feel so lonely. I can tell because I couldn't write anything. I always write when I'm sad.


Loots I received for Christmas...so far. Of course, some of the chocolates and other edible presents were instantly consumed.

Happy Christmas everyone!


\

*food offering, usually for dead relatives

Popular Posts