End of Chapter 26

"Ang dami mo namang dala."
"Ang dami kasing nagmamahal sa'kin eh."

These were my last words just before the elevator opened. I went in with my friends in what would be my last going home from HRC.

It pains me deeply to be leaving a pack of people that has been good friends to me for over four years. Man, that's just like going to high school or college. It's not like I'm leaving for abroad or anything. I'm just moving forward.


Anj, sure got it right. I'm feeling jittery and kind of scared on this move, but I need to do it. It's long overdue. Though I feel like I'm just starting to get a real job now and sometimes, for some reasons I resent those last four years, although I have resolved long ago that those times were not at all wasted. I've been to places I never even thought of reaching before I turn 25. I managed to get myself back into reading more. All because I had the time. And I met lots of wonderful people along the way.

Everything happened really fast. Even I was caught off guard so I had to decide on things quickly. I was scared of going out of my comfort zone, but I've been looking forward to this for the longest time. I deserve this.

The move will surely deranged earlier plans, like spending the holidays at home, but sometimes, that's just how life goes. You need to sacrifice something to gain more.

I can do this. I have to.

~Going away gifts, hehe~



Cupcakes from Anj, Pugad Baboy from Rein, Shyne and Buboy and chocolates and a keychain from the (now-former) manager.

---

I had no plan of telling about the new job to my parents this soon because that entails breaking the news that I won't be coming home for (at least) Christmas, but on the night I was going home from my first day at work, she was very keen on knowing when I could come home. So I finally told her about it, wordy text and all, providing all the information I could. Then after her first reply, "Anong company at saan yan?", there was a long moment. In my mind plays this scene, that she probably called my father in and related the news, and maybe they were deliberating on whether I should continue working on the new job. lol It's not like they could really stop me. I know they will just have to support me if I want this. I'm sure she doesn't like all the implications of me working much farther away from where I live and going home late at night, but I just hoped she'd appreciate that this one is much, much better than the last one. 

Popular Posts