Royalty at Christmas Promenade

It is my first time to participate in the Christmas Party by all organizations occupying the Partnership Center. Last year, I was just making my way back to Mandaluyong from Kathmandu when they had the party.

The theme for this year is Promenade, which means dressing up in gowns. I initially planned to go home to Cagayan as soon as I get my pay for November since I can do my work at home, but colleagues asked me to extend so I can join the party. I try to avoid being a killjoy so I agreed to stay for a few more days.

While the people from our neighboring offices were pre-occupied with looking for what to wear, I was just brushing it off telling y colleagues, I will probably just go and not dress up, or I can juts wear a dress but not a gown since I don't plan to spend a dime just for this party. Even in my past employments, I don't spend much for clothes. I am way past that. But few days before the party, I was having a massive problem because I brought out an outfit I planned to wear and I obviously gained weight so it has become very tight. I said to myself if I  can just refrain from eating rice for a couple of days before the party, maybe it will fit just. But who am I kidding. How can I not eat rice haha. We even had a boodle fight that lunch before the party. I still wore that outfit.


The outfit fits, but I just couldn't eat much during the party.


When they were randomly asking me about my dress, I said the concept is a mosquito net. They laughed. And some said: Meghan Markle naman. While I am aware of the ongoing royal drama in Great Britain, the hat was accidental, I just thought it would go well with my outfit and also because I don't really know how to do my own hair.

And oh, I won 2nd runner up Best Dressed. I am claiming it is because my outfit is unique because of the hat.

Popular Posts