Spain

I was asked to write another piece for a public speaking course, this time about 'the place you want to go to.' I honestly think this is sub-par compared to the first one, because let's face it, how can I write wholeheartedly about a place I've never been to? But anyway, I hope I was able to craft a decent piece.

-----

As Filipino, I can say that we most definitely know a few things about Spain, having been colonized by them for over 300 years. Most of these things we learned from History classes since grade school. Spanish conquistadors stayed in our land for over three centuries, leaving us with a Hispanized culture.

But that was History now. Centuries have already passed, and we should all have moved on, as it should. All I mean to say is, when it comes to foreign places, Spain is on the top of my list.

Why would I want to go to go to this European country?

Spain offers almost everything a tourist looks for in a place: medieval streets, historic art, religious traditions, outstanding beaches, amazing views, excellent culinary, beautiful people and more.

Spanish cities seem eternally beautiful. There's Madrid, the country's capital and largest city, which is home to the world-renowned football Real Madrid. Madrid is known for its sizzling nightlife scene. Features about the place always show how colorful the city is.

Barcelona is a very popular destination because of its historic architecture, vibrant culture, and lively shopping. The city houses one of Spain's architectural marvels, the famous Sagrada Familia, a large basilica that was constructed in the 19th century but is still not finished to this day. Spain is probably most popular for all the extraordinary architecture scattered all throughout the country.

Spain also offers several of the best beaches in Europe. Many of the country’s water attractions have become popular for the buzzing nightlife they offer.

Another thing that makes Spain stand out is its exquisite dishes. We are all probably familiar with paella or Valenciana, a delicious recipe usually cooked in celebration of fiesta and other occasions. When in Spain, I will make sure to go to the mercado and shopping destinations for local foods and delicacies. Various cities in Spain is very much alive especially at night for their local food and drinks. Travel guides tell tourists something they shouldn't forget to do when in Spain, that is to go for tapas, an appetizer that comes with a drink. They say, going for tapas is an essential part of life in Spain.

All these wonderful things and more. It's not really surprising why I want to go to Spain. Wouldn't it be wonderful to walk in their beautiful plazas, learn a thing or two about their rich arts, be amazed with all those carefully-crafted old and new edifices. I know Spain's exquisite beauty will capture me the very moment I lay eyes on it.

Popular Posts