Twenty Six

I guess my emo-birthdays streak has ended. Or maybe not. I don't know. It's just that this year, I was too busy to care and to even celebrate or lament. Sometimes, it's good to be too-busy-I-don't-even-have-time-to-eat. It gives me no time to think about the future and other shits because I turned older yet again.

On the 28th, I celebrated my birthday at Manila Hotel. Chos! I spent the day at Manila Hotel together with colleagues, covering a media conference. I was working the whole day, and in fact, I wasn't even done with work when I decided to leave the office at 7 p.m. We were given half a day off, but truth is 9 hours isn't even enough for all the work I needed to do after the big event. Oh well, I actually preferred it that way because I didn't have anything planned out.

From work, I went to Mara's just because I didn't want to spend the rest of the day alone at home and because I wanted to talk to my vacationing friend, Melvin. Mara asked me how it feels to be 26, and I couldn't give an answer, because, really, there were no new emotions that sprung when I turned 26. My friend, John, was right. At this stage, we were just counting and letting all the numbers pass. Nagbibilang ka na lang ng taon. It's not big a deal anymore. Unlike when I'm going through that quarter life crisis shit (see 25th and 24th birthday entries).

I'm happy for the 25 years I've lived so far. Man, at this age, I can totally say my story will definitely make an awesome plot for a movie. The world isn't a rose garden, in fact, it's mostly grassland to me, but I know I am doing something to make the most out of it.

Now, all I want is to do my share in this world. I now I'm headed for great things. :D


--

So this was how I celebrated my birthday--at Manila Hotel. Char. But yes, this was where I was on my birthday. The day follows a big event and these photos were taken after the media conference, with the bosses.

Popular Posts