Pasinaya 2014


All those arts. The dances. The music. The plays. The history. The culture. The visuals. The colours. Thank you Pasinaya. It was indeed a feast for the eyes.

For a day, I felt like I got my life back. My life before I decided to stop slacking and get a "better" job. When I learned about the Pasinaya, my brain instantly decided there's just no place for NO. Even if I'd be alone, I knew I just had to go to this festival.

I wanted to go as early as 9 a.m. to catch the ballet performances, but it was a Sunday, my brain wasn't the only one deciding, but my body as well. I managed to be at the CCP before 12 noon. After registering, I surveyed around where I am gonna station first, but it was too hot I decided to go inside. While walking around, the long queues at the lobby are suddenly moving towards the theater. Without any idea what's in for me, I went with the flow. Lucky I did because the group onstage performed a Maranao dance. I knew then that I'm gonna be just fine going to the festival alone.

Solotan by Ramon Obusan Folkloric Group
Moments later though, I decided to text my cousin just in case she wanna check the event out. She did follow afterwards, and I dragged her to the Metropolitan Museum where we stayed for more than two hours, because there's just too much to see! We really didn't leave until we saw everything. And on our way out, we caught the dance performance of Nicola Ayoub.



What I should've submitted to Sir Gani in my PolSci class.
Monay Lisa
Nicola Ayoub, The Language
When the jeepney arrived, we went with it to 1335 Mabini, another stop of the tour. 1335 Mabini is a contemporary art space, and it only made me realize there are many cool places I should check out in Manila, where I've been living for the past four years.


This is what I love about installation arts: I just don't get 'em. :p (I don't think this is part of the exhibit though.)
Several Souvenirs by Mark Salvatus
Again, Lian and I took time seeing everything so we got left behind. When the next jeepney arrived, we again just went with the flow and found ourselves enjoying the show and workshop at Mabuhay Restop.

We went back to CCP for some food. If I were to decide, I would've wanted to take the other jeepney tour. But there was not enough time left. I just contented myself with the performances in CCP. Anyway, the museums will just be there, while the performances, you only see them once (most probably).



Art workshop
The closing shows at CCP were also superb.

Nakaw-nood while waiting for my food at Mang Inasal
A dance group from Dumaguete
Instant photobooth
Pimp My Ride



NOT RELATED:

A very strange thing happened on my way home from MOA. Three-fourths of the jeep I rode in was occupied by a group of mutes. I'm not really sure if they're mute, or they're just under some vow or making a statement, but there was a whole bunch of them. I was seated right smack at the middle of the group. The other non-mute passengers were strategically seated in all four corners of the vehicle. I put my music on, and closed my eyes, but couldn't sleep because the group kept talking to each other. Not that they're noisy (physically), but I meant their hand gestures. Not that I was complaining, I wasn't sleepy. I just wanted to pretend I was because otherwise, I would've busied myself looking at them like they're some strange beings. Oh, one of the guys was actually cute. Ta'mo, na-check out ko pa. :p

Popular Posts