Stapler


I acquired this stapler when I was just in 4th grade. It's been a decade and it's still functional. I could've bought a new stapler but I just couldn't throw this one away because, well, it's been with me for 10+ years and because it has a cute story behind it.

When I was in 4th grade, I was running for a position in the student body (councilor, I think). Of course, I had to campaign - made my own campaign materials and I needed a staple so I can put my materials in trees. I came from a lower-middle class family, and I used to receive P5-baon daily. This stapler must've cost P50 or more, but my supportive parents would go miles just to provide me things that they think would help in my schooling. (Well, I get points for extra-curricular activities.:p) I remember my father delivering it to me in school.

So one morning, I was putting up my posters into a tree when suddenly my cousin approached and asked if his friend could borrow my stapler so he could also put up his poster. His friend turns out to be my biggest crush in grade school. So you can just imagine how thrilled I was (deep inside) to be that close to him, talk to him and be of service to him (wow, haha!). It was just few seconds, he borrowed my stapler, stapled a poster into a tree then returned it back with a , "Thank you, ading."

If we ended up together, it's obvious what the title of our MMK story would be.

Popular Posts