Fangirling, Friends, and Food.

Life is still good.

This is the first weekend, in a while, that I wasn't bothered by work. (Well, my boss did send me some work, but I decided to ignore it and just work at it once I got home in the afternoon. Medyo bad girl, haha!)

Anyway, in the morning of Saturday, I went to the Summer Komikon 2014 with friends. Call time was early (for a weekend), but I really wanna go to this event so I had to make a little sacrifice. And it was all worth it. I have a new stash of comic books, and almost all of it had been signed by the authors/artists!




Tabi-Tabi Po by Mervin Malonzo
Abangan: The Best Philippine Komiks 2014 by Various Artists
Dekada by Lyndon Gregorio
Craving by David Hontiveros
Wasted by Gerry Alanguilan
Rodski Patotski Ang Dalagang Baby by Gerry Alanguilan and Arnold Arre
Of course, fangirl moments captured. Thanks to Cy for taking the photos and for being such a geek. :D

With Lyndon Gregorio, author of Beerkada
With Mervin Malonzo
The famous and comic-world legend Mang Gerry! You'd recognize him from that meme. :)
As usual, I've spent more than my allotted budget, but it's okay! These are among the things that make me happy.

For lunch, we went to McDonald's and what do you know, my reporter crush was there at the counter just as we were leaving. I'd say hi, but I thought it would be creepy. Next time na lang, haha! #torpe

Then I learned that Buboy and Ren were going to Shyne's for food tasting. At first, I thought it was a joke, but they said they weren't kidding and they even asked me to come along. Apparenyly, Shyne and Des are trying out dishes for the food-selling business they are planning. Sounded legit so I told them I'd try to drop by, but first I needed to get home and finish some work. Then Shyne texted to invite me over, and of course, it's food, so I hurried and headed off right after finishing my work.

Shyne and Des are certified foodies, and aside from loving to eat, they also cook and bake. There had been several parties in the past hosted by Des and the two would always cook. And there's the rest of us, just the shameless eaters. Thank God for such friends, haha!

There are no photos because they claimed the food weren't instagram-worthy, but they were really delicious! They have prepared a coke-chicken (Shyne, I don't know what they'd call it), breaded mojos/potatoes (Des), ampalaya-sotanghon (Rein), tofu sisig, and banana panna cotta. Naturally, being the matakaw me, I like everything! I had two servings of panna cotta and mind you, Shyne served them in big glass containers. :)

I went home tired but emotionally and physiologically satisfied. Saturday made me feel that life isn't that bad at all.

Popular Posts