Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi


Persepolis is an autobiographical graphic novel by Iranian-born Marjane Satrapi.

I never really heard of this novel before, nor its film version. My workmate loaned me some comic books, and when I saw Persepolis (the compilation version using the cover from the movie version), I thought it was good. I also thought it was Greek.

True enough, once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. The thing with graphic novels, I think I spend more time on them than regular novels, because sometimes, I tend to stare at the graphics much longer. Drawing was never my gift and I always liked to study how a certain image was drawn. 

Marjane Satrapi's life is unbelievable. One must possess an extra-ordinary strength to be able to make it all through what she had gone through. She's really smart. She's something I always wanted to be. I never heard of her before and now I look up to her. Reading the novel only brought up one of my life goals to be able to write my autobiography. :)

Satrapi lead an extraordinary life which she uniquely translated into graphics for everyone else to see.

Popular Posts