The Library Incident of 2006


It was one of those (many) days my friend/batchmate realizes the gravity of her decision to join the organization. We were at the library, just the perfect place to vent out resentment and anger, talking about our situation and how we hated what we're going through but are still going through it anyway.

There were several books infront of us. I can't even remember what were those, but there were times we'd take random books from shelves and pile them up at the table just to make us look busy.

Then in anger, my friend began writing on to this book. She just flipped it open, somewhere near the middle part, and took her pen and wrote something (I can't really say what is, else it will give us away, haha). She was really venting out her frustrations into the book and was writing in all caps and keep pushing the pen harder to the pages to make the writing thick. I, on the other hand, was trying to stop her. If someone sees us, I don't even have idea what sanction we'd get. Mind you, we're not even at the hidden part of the library. Then suddenly, her pen ran out of ink, and what does a real friend do? Mindlessly, I handed her my pen while trying to talk sense into her, and preaching about the wrongness of the action. I haven't even noticed what I did until she laughed at me.

Oh well, good old days.

Popular Posts