Fête de la Musique 2014

Fête de la Musique this year was extra-fun. To celebrate Fete's 20th year, there were 20+ stages spread in two cities.

I wanted to check out several stages, but we only managed to see three. Initially, we're supposed to go straight to Black Market for the House Party, but I hesitated we won't totally enjoy. I like the music, but I hesitated about the crowd. My friend John and I compromised that we just go stage-hopping.

Seeing the Intramuros stage would've been nice, but last year, we were at the A. Venue and we liked it there, so this year, my companions wanted to just go there.

Lian and I met up at Greenbelt, watched the show for a while, and went to grab something to eat. When our other friends arrived, we went to Century City mall to check out the indie stage (at 12 Monkeys), as per my request, while waiting for John.

At the Century City dancing fountain at the topmost floor.
After several minutes, we left the bar for A.Venue. By this time, it was started to drizzle, but we stayed anyway. We immediately went around for drinks and food, because those are really the main reason we chose A.Venue. It's always more fun to be drinking in an outdoor music festival. :D

Radioactive Sago Project
Radioactive Sago Project with Kat Agarrado
Radha and Basti Artadi
The drizzle was turning into rain and I suggested we go to the Jazz Stage at the Bayleaf Lounge of St. Giles Hotel, for shelter. But Basti Artadi emerged from the stage, so my companions dragged back near the stage.
I'm glad we stayed even if it was raining and the four of us we're scrambling under a single umbrella because Basti and Radha gave a powerhouse performance.

Under our barkada payong.

Motherbasss also gave the crowd a great music to dance to. They were sooo good.

Last year, Karen and I enjoyed dancing to the music of this French pop band, because it's really fun to dance to music you don't even understand. :p This year, we're waiting for French performers. There was a DJ who played, not before technical problems occur. And we never knew if he was really able to play, because we decided to go to Domino's, for more food, yes.

Crowd shot by Francis Brew Reyes
We're about to call it a night, but we were drawn back to the venue by this group of performers doing Samba. The beat of the drums were just too powerful.



*All other photos were taken by Ryan.

Popular Posts