Pinalatta


This is one of my favorite local delicacies. We call this "pinalatta" in Ibanag, "pinaltaw" in Ilocano, "tambo-tambo" in some parts of Pangasinan, and "bilo-bilo" in Tagalog. A very similar dish is called "ginataang halo-halo."

I say it's very similar to ginataang halo-halo because the ingredients are all the same: malagkit (powdered and molded into small balls), saging na saba, sago, kamote, kamoteng-kahoy, coconut, and gata.

During my childhood days, this is a staple in parties. It takes hours to make this dish, but locals in our place make time just to have this included in the array of food they are going to serve. When it's my family's time to make it, I remember spending hours helping make the "bilogs." As as kid, this seems like a game, but it can really be daunting. Once it's already cooked though, sulit na sulit ang effort.

Popular Posts