Rak of Aegis

I wanted to watch Rak of Aegis when it first came out. But the first run was quick to go. I was so sad when it was all over, but I was aware that the last few shows were all sold out, and many others are clamoring to see it. I was pretty sure there'd be a re-run. So when my friends and I learned about the re-runs several weeks later, we were quick to squeeze it in our schedules.

Last Friday, finally, we went to see it. And indeed it was wonderful! We got the discounted tickets, but I tell you, the show is worth the full price! Hands down, Pinoys are really talented and creative.

The first few minutes of the show, we're already laughing with their witty take on the rules and regulations, and the first few seconds, I was already at awe, what with the amazing stage design. The show's still running so I don't think I'd rather not say what it was. It will be considered a spoiler no? Basta the set was amazing.

The play was comprised of a really talented cast. They really rocked it out. Oh, and the music, of course the music. Not the Filipinos' best, but Aegis' music was well loved by Pinoys. I won't deny the fact that I got Aegis songs in my library and I know the most popular Aegis songs, and I only wish I had the vocal prowess to be belting out "Basang-basa Sa Ulan" in the most appropriate situations.

If there's one thing I'll never get tired of doing, that's probably promoting anything local - local food, local music, local shows, etc. I'm not paid to do this, and I don't know if anyone reads my blog, but in case some kababayans happen to be reading this, do watch Rak of Aegis, sulit ang bayad niyo! Ang galing galing talaga ng Pinoy!

TIP: If you're gonna watch, go for the VIP, for the 4D experience, free J.Co donut, and a chance to be randomly picked to be part of the play! ;)

Here are some snapshots after the event, all from Mara's phone and taken by Karen.


With some of the cast, and Lian.
My second favorite character in the musical, next to Tolits syempre.
Kakai Bautista and the twins.

Popular Posts