PFF Peace Cup 2014 Finals

I don't play any sport, and I'm not even a bit of a sports fan. But after seeing the PFF Peace Cup 2014 finals last night, I immediately understood all the rave.

Oh, the feels when you watch a game live. Mind you, I don't even know anything about football, except that, there's a bunch of people running after the ball, and kicking it or hitting it with their head and try to make the ball into the rectangular netted space at the end of the large field.

My friends and I decided to see the first match between Palestine and Chinese Taipei, and everytime someone makes a goal, we scream. We had no team. I even told them I should watch myself during the Azkals game because I might scream when the opponent makes a goal.


During the first match, too, you can count with your hands the number of people watching, but came 6:30 pm, before the Azkals game, people began entering the stadium in bulk. My friends and I planned to eat out during the break but we ended up buying take outs instead and just eat at the bleacher while waiting for the game.

Everyone was pumped. Maybe we're all thinking, Azkals are gonna win this no matte what, because they've got homecourt advantage in the first place. And a bunch of supporters cheering for them.



It was tough during the first half, because most of Azkals' shots were misses. Puro paasa, parang pag-ibig. Chos. But it all got better when they tied. It just got messed up during the overtime. The game concluded at 3-1 with Myanmar on the lead.


The 2014 Peace Cup Champs
It would've been great if Azkals won this game. Pero sadyang walang happy ending. :3



Popular Posts