Why I Travel

We all dream of seeing the world. Or at least most of us.

At some point in our lives, we got curious about how the people outside our community live. How they begin their day when the sun rises, and what they do once it sets.

We marvel about how other people communicate the same thing as we do, but using a language so different. We wanted to know what their traditions are, or if they also believe in things we believe in. We wonder how food that grew on foreign lands tastes like.

We can get the answers from books or magazine or from our friends' accounts, but there's always that hunger for wanting to experience things ourselves. Thus, we travel.

People travel for different reasons. Most people travel to enjoy--to see, and experience beautiful and nice things outside their worlds. Some people travel to learn. Some travel to escape the toxicity of work. Some travel for adventures, the thrill of things only foreign places can offer. Some travel for the food. Some travel to find things, treasures, answers, and even people. There are also those who travel to find themselves.

Most of these had also been the same reasons why I travel.

I travel because I want to see the beauty beyond my comfort zone. I travel because I want to learn, and experience other peoples' cultures, and traditions. I want to know about their way of life. I want to taste their food. I want to listen to their stories.

I learned a lot from going places. I was able to meet people, seek answers to my questions, listen to unique music and many interesting narratives, and made friends. I always come back from each travel gaining something.

The beauty of the world and the people in it never fails to amuse and inspire me, thus, I travel.

The world is full of marvelous things, and I know I am fortunate to be able to witness even just a fraction of these.

I wish to stay hungry for adventures.

---

Sent as an application for a tour guide post.

Popular Posts