Exploring Manila in Three Hours

"Sige, Ma'am, last na po kayo," the security personnel gestures for me to come in as I enter the gate. It was half past four--half an hour before the museum closes. I had no idea where Pat is, if she was already inside, or still making her way to the museum.

I was walking towards the main entrance when I received a message from her saying I could find her at the spot where the Spoliarium is. Luck is on our side.


Pat traveled all the way from Pasig just to see the Spoliarium, again. She said she hadn't been to the museum in a while, and then I thought I can go with her this weekend since I planned to go to the Social Media Day 2015 event at the Museo Pambata, which is just around the area.

I was actually hesitant when I learned that she'll only make it to Manila by 4pm. I thought we won't have plenty of time to go around the museum--and I like to spend hours going around a museum. But then she mentioned she only wants to see the Spoliarium anyway. Later on, she'll realize that she wants to see the other galleries as well, but there was no time. So I said we'll just come back. Anyway, entrance to the museum is free on Sundays.

We were so amazed at the old Session Hall of the Senate. In 2013, my friends and I wandered in here but we weren't allowed to linger because it was still under restoration. It's now a favorite spot for museum-goers because of it's picturesque beauty.



Running
Running to catch whatever artworks we could because the museum personnel were literally putting off the lights everywhere we go, with proper warning, of course.


Manila City Hall
That Thing Called--
From the museum, we started walking to Museo Pambata to catch the rest of the Social Media Day event. I managed to convince Pat to go along for the freebies. We walked through Luneta as she requested, because she hadn't been to the place in a while.

There were a lot of people at Luneta that time because of the Pride March. When our other officemate, Hannah, learned that I'll be attending the social media event, she even asked me to join the parade happening that same day at Luneta. I actually considered joining. But I slept away the time I allotted for it.



Too bad I didn't have time to see Museo Pambata. I was told the entrance to the museum was made free for the participants of the Social Media Day 2015. Still, it was a very enjoyable day.

Popular Posts