Charlie's Grind and Grill

I had to check out the apartment I plan on moving in to with my friend, and the only common time we had is Friday, which perfectly works for me, because I had an underlying motive why I wanted to go there on a Friday night--that is to go to Kapitolyo for drinks after.

I really wanted to check out this Irish pub called St. Patrick's. My workmate has been telling me about it, and last night, I discovered where it is when we dined at Mad Mark's.

From the apartment, we just walked to Kapitolyo because my future ~landlord said it's just a walking distance. Well, you can say it is because we made it in 20 minutes or so, but for lazy people like me, I would've preferred to take a tricycle instead.

We walked that far only to find out that St. Patrick's is full. I couldn't convince them to wait until there's a table for us because they haven't had dinner yet, while I was still feeling full from the late lunch I had. We just walked into the next restaurant we thought might offer good food, and that offers beer, too.

Black Angus Cheeseburger
Charlie's Grind and Grill is located beside an auto shop and has brick-painted walls and murals, which is very different from the common cute, dainty, or hipter-ish theme of most of restaurants we passed by.

I actually wanted to hang out outside, but it was hot. There was something in their interior design that made me feel like I was eating in a gasoline station food stop.

I tried their Black Angus Cheeseburger, and there's nothing really extraordinary about it. It actually looks boring. Well, it's very basic, but I actually had burgers in the same price or lower that were really tasty. My friend find my food good enough though.

Even Ryan's food, Pulled Pork Sandwich (barbecue flavored pulled pork, white cheddar cheese on toasted beer bun), looked and tasted basic. Though we find the brownness of the bun cute.

What wowed us was their Cerveza Negra Fish and Chips because it was a huge slob of breaded cream dory in a bed of fries served with tartar sauce, malt vinegar, and seafood sauce. Para sa takaw-tingin.

Popular Posts