Hello, Baguio

My bus arrives in Baguio several minutes after 3AM. Once the door opens, I hop out and walk towards Session Road. It is cold.

Session Road is barely awake it scares me. Recent events in my life makes me jumpy in critical situations such as this. The big city has turned me into this paranoid, unthrusting person who's always afraid that someone might hurt her. I walk faster.

I see an ATM. I stop. Then continue to walk. I will not withdraw at this hour in this place. I will just wait for the daylight.

I try to take a photo of the empty Session Road, but I finally reach my destination. I walk in with sure steps, and pick a seat at a corner where I have a view of the outside.

A waited hands me the menu. I take a quick look at it, despite the fact that I already had in my mind what I want to have.

Brewed Coffee with refill at P28, Pizza Volante
I just need to past time, probably a couple of hours. I will just wait until it's waking time, and then I'll call Mara. I'm staying where she and her friends are staying. Plus this is a much cooler story, than say, having normal breakfast at a 24-hour pizza joint.

I bring out the book that I bought with me. It's for my school, because I need to finish it asap so I can start writing my paper.


The sky begins to lighten. I pay for my coffee, and go out. Several minutes of walking up and down Session Road later, looking for an ATM and prepaid card, I find myself in probably the city's most popular spot, where I stayed, while waiting for Mara to respond to my texts/calls.

This view. Yes, after all these years, I'm still into you.

Good morning from the famous fake lake!
It's almost seven. My friend must still be asleep. After walking around Burnham, I start to walk towards UP. Might as well check if the offices are already open so I can get a transcript--which is the main reason why I am in Baguio in the first place.

Good morning Sunshine!

Sunshine Park
But even in this side of the Earth, offices open at 8AM. So I continue to read, fighting off sleep, while waiting. Until I heard my name. Oh, some friends who are also spending the APEC holidays in Baguio.

We eat breakfast at the foodcourt (yes, UP Baguio now has a food court), which is just enough time before the Registrar opens. Only to learn that it will take five more days for my TOR to be released.

Popular Posts