December Sagada Dreaming


It was I who wanted a photo taken at this very spot, because pre-That Thing Called Tadhana, this was the popular spot for tourists to take their photos, for two things--(1) the signage, people just loved doing this pose, and (2) to have a keepsake (at least for me) from that experience when in the afternoon, the smell of bread being baked from that bakeshop fills the nearby street.

Too bad I couldn't get it right. Even at simply posing for photos, I suck. Then one shot and you nailed it.

Know that when I think of Sagada, or when I shall be in Sagada again, I will definitely think of you, too. Yes, it's December and I am dreaming of Sagada. If you're still here, we're probably somewhere north now. I've been aching to go to Kalinga and Ifugao this break, and you will definitely go with me because you loved adventures. By now I probably already got a tattoo from Whang-od. Most probably, we would've detoured to Sagada for a food trip, before ending the trip in Baguio--drinking our troubles away and celebrating life with other friends we managed to steal from their cozy holiday break.

You loved Sagada. We both loved Sagada. This Sagada right here in this photo. Aside from Baguio, it was our sanctuary. We go running to this place when things get too much to handle, when we're feeling low, whenever we needed a break, when we needed a boost, or whenever we just feel like spending a day or two having meals and resting somewhere cold and quiet.

Sagada might have changed now, but I will always see it as that sanctuary that took us in when we wanted to get away from everything, when we searched for comfort, when we searched for answers...

We may not have always found the answers in those chilly mountains, but we did took home assurances that this it is a beautiful world we are living in, and that everything is going to be just fine eventually

We terribly miss you.

Iyyi

P.S. Dahil diyan padalhan mo ako ng bagong travel buddy! Everyone else is always busy these days.

Popular Posts