Bitch/Beach Buddies in La Union

So one night--despite the fact that we're all busy with school requirements--my friends and I decided we wanted to go to La Union, just for a day, just to take a break.

Early morning the next day, I woke up and prepared a breakfast for John (who slept over) in a plea for him to join the trip. Syempre, sumama din.

Armed with our school bags containing extra clothes, and dressed in our pambahay clothes, we went to town and looked for buses bound for La Union. Once seated, we told the conductor to just drop us off near the beach. Honestly, we didn't know where to go. But we're confident we'd easily find the beach.

After about one and a half hour, we reached San Juan, which is rather a surfing beach. Sabi lang kasi nami kay Kuya, ibaba kasi once na may tubig na. The waves are big, and the water near the shore is already deep. It is definitely not fit for swimming, especially for people like us who couldn't really swim.

We stayed a bit to take photos, watched the people surfing, walked around, asking about the rates of surfing lessons, which we couldn't afford.

Blues, for a change.





From San Juan, we went to have lunch, at Greenwhich (because where else can we get a good local food kundi sa fastfood, hay), before travelling to another town where the beach is more fit for swimming. This is San Fernando.






The truth is, I had an underlying motive why I wanted to go to La Union, that is to take photos for my Photojournalism class. I thought I would easily find subjects out of town, but not really. I was able to take photos of children and teen playing by the beach, but I didn't know if these will be of use for me. When John learned about this, di na niya ako pinansin buong biyahe. It's fine though, kasi ang totoo, nag-enjoy din naman sila. :)



Kung bakit ganyan ang mga suot namin sa beach, sorry di ko kayang ipaliwanag.

Popular Posts