Plainview Sunsets

I've been watching the sunset for several days now. I look forward to it every day, as if it is the only thing that mattered.

Sunrises, too, are beautiful, but it is always the setting sun that makes me get off my feet, climb up the deck, and stand there, watching the sky as it loses light.

I usually lose track of time—whether I am doing something or not doing anything at all, but when it's almost time for the sun to set, I suddenly become aware. And it is then that I patiently wait.

Sunset comes fast. One moment the sun is shining blinding bright yellow, another moment it’s a tamed perfect round ball of delicious tangerine orange. It’s a marvelous sight. How it changes colours right through my very eyes. I almost don’t blink while watching it as it goes down slowly, carefully noticing how it changes its hue in the process. It's almost magic. It gets more and more beautiful as it turned bigger, and its hue, deeper and darker. It's stunning, and delicious. It looked delicious I wanted to drink it up. And feel its supreme power through my veins.

Sunset comes fast, yet it's so slow you could almost feel the earth revolving. This world is alive and moving.

I don’t know what is it with sunsets that somehow make me feel fulfilled. Somehow, the setting sun makes me feel that it was a beautiful day after all. It makes you feel that this world is full of wonder and beauty.

I wonder if you are watching the sun set, too. Wherever you are. It's a beauty, you know. There's nothing like it.

-I

(First published on 27 March 2016)


A post shared by Iyyi (@iyyrish) on

A post shared by Iyyi (@iyyrish) on



A post shared by Iyyi (@iyyrish) on

A post shared by Iyyi (@iyyrish) on

Popular Posts