Going Around Intramuros in Bamboo Bikes

Won two tickets for a Bambike Tour in Intramuros. I had second thoughts in pushing through because I wasn't sure if I could still ride a bike. The last time I rode a bike in San Pablo Laguna, I was shaky so I thought it wouldn't be wise to go on a bike tour. But then, I wanted to try it, too. )It sounds awesome!) And the tour's free anyway. I went with my friend Tinn, who was even more excited. She actually wanted to wear actual biking clothes. I told her it's going to be a tour, not a sports event, so I'm gonna casual clothes would be fine.

We were late. The tour (2pm) we're supposed to be joining already left when we arrived at Bambike's shop. However, the shop attendants were kind enough to offer the 4pm tour. Tinn still had class at 5:30pm but she really wanted to bike so she agreed to just wait. We tried to walk around, but it was very hot, so we just killed time taking tons of selfies, and chasing the ice cream vendor.




Ang sarap ng avocado ice cream!

The tour started at San Agustin Church, which was actually built by the Chinese (yun lang ang takeaway ko, ganda).





Next stop is the Gallery of the Presidents of the Philippines. Wala akong takeaway dito kahit lakad ako nang lakad. Basta every time na natatapos ang term ng isang presidente, nilalagay yung portrait niya dito.


Other stops: this place na nakalimutan ko kung ano, Baluarte de Dilao. Ang takeaway ko sa part na ito is that Lyceum of the Philippines and The Bayleaf are owned by the Laurels.



Never maluluma sa'kin yung hirit na "magtanong ka sa guardia civil" kapag naliligaw sa Intramuros.


Sharon and Gabby forever!


Arte.


Thanks, Design Week Philippines and Bambike for the experience! I really needed that.

Popular Posts