In Baguio for Cordillera Day


In less than a week, I found myself yet again in my favorite place on earth. I am in the city for work. I was supposed to be here for only a day, but we made arrangements so I could stay for the weekend. After all, this is among the last weekends when I am free. Come August, I shall again be busy with school.

My colleague and I left Cubao at half past eleven Thursday night. I knew we'd arrive way early for the event, but I am scared of going out alone to the terminal had we scheduled the trip later. We arrived at around 4am. The event starts at 8am. What better way to kill time than to eat. I took my companion to one of the more popular restaurants in the city I was sure he'd never been to. And we stayed at Good Taste until half past six.

For lack of other things to do, we decided to just pass the time at Baguio Convention Center where the 29th Cordillera Day celebration will take place--the event that we're covering. Much to our surprise, participants of the events were already assembled for the pre-program activity.

Staple sa events sa Baguio--kape.



When the participants left for the parade, we went to see if I can already check in at UP Breha (isang tambling!) so I can still take a shower before the program starts. Sa sobrang lapit, we will not be late even if we leave the dorm 5 minutes before the program starts.

I stayed at Breha when I was a freshman at UP Baguio. The place has changed, for the better I think. And I thought it would be empty since it was summer break, but there were still several students that remain. Kids, sayang ang time. Wag aral nang aral. Enjoy ang kabataan! That's my advice since yan ang ginawa ko. :)


Ang ganda ng garden sa Breha! Ang daming halaman, like me.
The program ended a little after 12pm. Sabaw na ako by this time, due to lack of sleep. Pero umandar pa rin ang pagka-takaw-tingin ko nung kakain na.


My colleague left for Manila that afternoon while I went to spend the time snugged in a blanket.

Popular Posts