Best of Philippine Products


After hoarding books from the Anvil booksale, I met with Pat. We caught up while checking out the trade fair at SM Megamall. I was so amused at almost everything I wanted to buy almost eveything had I been rich. Ngayon ko lang nadiscover ang trade fair! Ang daming magagandang local products.

Ang dami kong gustong bilhin, but had to stop myself dahil wala sa budget ko. Anyway, most of the shops are returning on December at the same venue.

I FINALLY bought myself a wooden (study) table!


I am so happy! When I just moved in to my current apartment, I wanted to buy a wooden table, pero mahal kasi so I settled for a cheaper one, which is amde of wood and aluminim, pero coated kasi kaya di kita yung wood. These past few months, I've been thinking of getting myself a study table since I couldn't really focus when I do my acads at the dining table because my roommate is watching TV. I found the ones sold at National Bookstore and hardwares to be quite expensive, so when I saw this at the trade fair, I think it's good timing.

This foldable study table by Kahoy-an is on sale (buy 1 take 1), but I managed to talk the sellers into giving me only one item and I'll pay the half of the promo price. Last day na rin kasi ng trade fair, kaya pumayag na sila. This costs P700 (P1,400 ang 2 items).


This is another thing I need. We do not have hot pot holder at the apartment, and we're only using cloth pot holder, so when I see these, I instantly thought of buying for the apartment and for our house in Cagayan. Natatawa ako sa sarili ko, This is no different from that time I was obsessing with woven doormats from Baguio.

The pot holders in different colors (right corner) are created by Prime of Asia Handicraft, and are made of coconut shells. They ran out of the design I wanted (there was only one left when I was checking out their products), and Pat said I could just wait for next month's fair for new stocks. But I couldn't resist, so I returned later to buy 3 pieces in different colors dahil ubos na rin yung brown. May kasabay akong bumili at yun din gusto niya. Binitawan ko lang yung 2 pieces ng brown to see the other colors tapos kinuha na, haha. Sana may brown and white-brown sa next trade fair.

The other set is made of bamboo, a products by F. Barcenas Bamboocraft. They look sturdy, kaya bumili ako. Each set was sold for P100.

Meanhile, the fancy candle holder costs P50. I bought it from a shop based in Pampanga. I didn't get the name, but they sell gold painted crafts. When I saw their items, I told Pat I finally found what I really wanted for my future house. 


Seriously.


Ang ganda.


I love wooden crafts, but I think gold-colored items will provide a great accent to these. I envision my future house to be indigenous and rustic, but with gold. Haha. My friends understand my penchant for anything gold. I think too much gold is tacky, pero kung sapat lang, maganda siya.

For my future house
Another local pride:


Bought this for P45, and I can't wait for December so I can finally sing my heart out to "Sembreak."

After going through the displays, Pat and I sat down at the mini-cafe selling Kalinga musang coffee. They were selling brewed civet coffee for P50. Of course, we had to try it. Sabi ni Pat may kakaiba daw sa lasa (must be the poop factor, cheret), but I couldn't determine it (for me wala naman awful smell or taste) maybe because of the creamer and sugar (sana di ko hinaluan ng anything!).

There are a lot of cool stuff sold at the trade fair and I am so excited for the next one! Embracing adulthood!

Popular Posts