The Old Temples of Ayutthaya

Our last day in Chiang Mai was spent going to the market to buy souvenirs and pasalubong. Haha I wish. It was only Mara and Dona who went out. I had to stay in and do my exam, remotely which was due that day. It sucks I know, pero ginusto ko to eh! I had to borrow a laptop from the owner of the house. Maybe I should invest on a small and light laptop because I still plan to travel in the near future and I also aim to finish graduate school. Anyway, I did finish the exam. I just did everything in a day even though the questions were emailed days before, so I just wished for the best. I want to pass all my subjects but I also didn't want it to ruin my vacation haha and I was always tired whenever we get back from sightseeing or we're out at night so I didn't really have the chance to do it. And my brain usually only works when it's cram-time. Thank goodness for good friends. I asked Wik, who teaches in UP, to print my paper and drop it to our college, because a hard copy of the exam was required.

But the laptop was not the only thing we asked as a favor from our landlady. She also had to help bring us to the train station because we were slacking off, thinking that there'd be plenty of seats available so we were not rushing or anything. Apparently, the tickets easily run out. We'd be travelling to Ayutthaya from Chiang Mai via train. It took around 12 hours, but we didn't mind the long travel because for us it's adventure, it's a brand new experience.


We reached Ayutthaya at around 4am. We left our luggage at the station (they have a service for that), and went to find a vehicle to take us on a temple tour. There are many tuktuk drivers just outside the station offering their services. We were able to find one instantly and still had time fora quick breakfast. There are 24-hour convenience stores and local eateries near the train stations.

We left the station while it is dark so we'd be able to catch the sunrise in one of the temples.


Wat Phu Khao Tong



And here I am blending in with the old temples. (Woot pinag-isipan/pinaghandaan!)





Popular Posts