Halo-Halo

Mang Inasal upped their presentation game! (12 March 2017)
This is probably the only thing that makes me feel good about the summer season in the Philippines. Halo-halo stalls in every corner of the street will start to sprout soon. Although for someone like me who loves this dessert, any day of the year can be a halo-halo day!

That photo is the one I devoured while killing time waiting for my friend to let me in to his hotel room where I'll be spending the next two nights. May free breakfast buffet eh, at libre internet, at may aircon!

A couple of years ago, naging paborito ko ang halo-halo ng Mang Inasal. Naging siya yung pinakamasarap for me. Although, I used to always take out kaya nasa paper cup na. Apparently, may ganito na silang paandar ngayon, so mas kamukha na ng nasa menu nila. Masarap pa rin naman. Medyo tumamis lang (or dahil iniiwasan ko ang sugar kaya matamis siya sa panlasa ko). What I like about Mang Inasal's halo-halo is because it has many varied ingredients, which is the very essence of halo-halo. At sa halagang P73 (big size), may one scoop ng ice cream pa! Masasabi kong ginalingan ng Mang Inasal.


Makan Makan's halo-halo (15 May 2015)

Halo-halo by Makan Makan na labis sa tamis. I just love to say that. Ulit-ulit. This is downright the sweetest halo-halo I've ever tasted. I don't mind the fact that there's too much happening on this halo-halo--it was topped with ice cream, ube and leche flan--but it was just too sweet. I wasn't able to finish mine (no one in the room did), and I'm not one to turn down a halo-halo.

Popular Posts