Food for the (All) Souls (Day)

My friend Bangs is taking the bar exams. I know myself too well. I will not be able to wake up early enough to send her off on the days of the exam so I figured I'd just catch up with her before the exam. We agreed to go on a Binondo food trip.


I googled the recommended food stops. Some of the suggestions are familiar places, the ones I've already tried when we went to Binondo few years back. So this time, I wanted to try something new, as well as go back to the good old ones.


Our foodie itinerary

For lunch proper, Sincerity Restaurant. Their specialty is their fried chicken called "Sincere fried chicken". I liked it! It tastes homey. Bangs said her brother has been looking for a place in the metro that's similar to the good ol' Good Taste Restaurant of Baguio City, and she felt that they got similar vibes probably because of the amount of serving. I ordered half chicken for P160 and kiampong (sticky rice with soy sauce and peanuts) for P60. Bangs had one of their bento meals. Sincerity Restaurant is located at 497 Yuchengco Street.


Next, we went to Dong Bei Dumplings which is also located in 642 Yuchengco Street. But when we got there, there were other people outside waiting to be seated, so we decided to go to another food stop. We searched and searched for the Shanghai fried siopao, but to no avail. I don't know if they transferred or were already closed. I wanted it so bad I felt like there was a hole in my heart when we decided to stop looking. We ended up at Wai Ying (located at 810 Benavidez St.) where we had dim sums. Out of curiosity, Bangs ordered their lemon coke, only to be handed with a can of coke and a glass with sliced lemon. What a rip off haha!


And then we found ourselves inside a grocery store that offer a lot of stuff you won't find in the regular groceries. Of course, we splurged.

After grocery shopping, we went back to Dong Bei. I really wanted to have some of those kutsay dumplings again. My soul and spirit has been refilled. Busog lusog!

Popular Posts