Indies

I am a sucker for Indie films- local or foreign. I never actually knew what "indie" or independent film means until I was in college where from time to time, various students organizations and classes hosts film showings and they'd invite indie directors to come over, show the film for students in cheaper prices sometimes it's even free and then there'll be a discussion of how the film was made facilitated by teh directors, producers scrioptwriters or whoever was present.

Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros was shown at SM Baguio when I was a freshman but I never got tos ee it as I don't usually like to spend on movies so there. It's pretty famous as people were talking about it, how good it was, unconventional, brave, etc. A year or  two later, they brought the film up to UP Baguio. I saw it, impressed but what amused me more was the other indie film thatw as shown, Emman de la Cruz "Sarong Banggi." Grabe, bilib na bilib ako talaga paglabas sa Audi! After that, I saw to it to see indie films brought to school. Well, aside from that fact that I turned to like indies, I was a Communication student. We're usually required to attend film viewing s and participate with the discussion. :p

Whew, that was quite a long intro, all I wanna say is, I love Pinoy spending time to watch Pinoy indies. Too bad they already closed down everybody's DVDs haven Quiapo. When Pinoy indies became popular, he vendors there has ventured into selling pinoy indies and I've bought clear copies from there already. I'm a criminal!

so enough of the blabbering, this post is just to introduce you to the next post (so it won't be to long) about the most amazing pinoy indie films i've seen so far. Note, I'm no expert on films and these will just be based on my opinions and my own taste when it comes to judging films.

Popular Posts