The Other Cagayan


It is still Christmas on this part of the Philippines. Too bad we only stayed in this hotel in Cagayan de Oro for a night, because the very next day, we were on the move to Dahilayan, where we will have our office planning session.


This is also my first time in Cagayan de Oro. Although people always mistake me as a native of Cagayan de Oro because apparently, of the two Cagayans of the Philippines, the one with the gold is more popular that the one located in a valley. Even worst situation when people actually talk to me in Cebuano once I said I am from Cagayan. Sometimes, I correct them. Often times, I don't as I am too lazy to explain. I am coming home, is what I jokingly told a colleague.

Cagayan de Oro is known for many things, aside from being a popular white water rafting destination. I learned that there is a delicious ham sold in the city, and when I heard my colleagues discussing about it, I randomly said CDO ham as they were figuring out its name. In the end, I don't think they were able to find any. But being myself, I just gotta have to try a halo-halo in CDO.

Popular Posts