Poetic

That last scene in Paterson made me remember this conversation I had with a pal a couple of years back. I was then looking for a new place.

"So bakit ka nagdecide na kunin yun?"
"When I entered the room, I saw this door, and I think it's poetic."

He laughed a little. But I knew he'd be the last person to judge my decision because he himself likes poetry.

I'd really do well in life with such decisions.

Even though it was newly painted in pinkish white, it was obvious that the glass door was old judging from the rusts in its lock that were missed by the paint. With all the light coming in, I really thought that scene was poetic when I first laid eyes on it.


I just cannot find a better photo of that door. This one is its later state. When I was already sated with all the light coming in, I decided to hang this board on to the door to moderate the light (and also because I was trying to salvage my waning interest for this thing that was once my favorite possession 😂). I realised, I hardly see poetry in things these days.

Popular Posts