No Party Like a Malioboro Party


This was where we stayed in Malioboro. It's really grand as its name says. It's located was right smack in Malioboro, but we usually arrive from work at night and are already tired from which prevented us from going around Malioboro.

Malioboro is a street that showcases the culture of Jogja in a nutshell (at least for visitors). It is a business district. There are also a lot of hotels, restaurants, and other establishments in the entire street. It is also here where you can find affordable souvenir items.

As night falls, groups of artists begin to set up their traditional musical instruments and perform. I love watching performances because this is something we do not have in the Philippines (or at least in Manila).

On our last night in Jogja, we had to squeeze in pasalubong shopping. We had to do it quickly because a lot of shops were already closing at 9pm. Once my colleagues and I were done, I decided to take a quick walk in the street, just to see some performances.


One side of Malioboro is lined up with stores that sell batiks and other local souvenirs. It is always teeming with local and foreign tourists.



The local 7Eleven slash my last resort if I couldn't buy any pasalubong. 😂  


I've never really tried riding these, yung driver itutulak ka na nakaupo sa harap na parang prinsesa. 😁 Nor these carriages drawn by horses, or what we call kalesa. Yes, I've never ridden one at home! It's a shame really, considering how this mode of transportation is still very much alive in Tuguegarao.


And I still haven't tried eating in these street eateries. I just did not have the chance. A colleague and his friend wanted to tour me around when I said I wanted to try kopi joss, but after this solo walking, I was already tired.


Meanwhile, the other side of Malioboro is where people usually just hang out or tambay as we call it in the Philippines. It's also where you'll find musicians, bands, dancers and other artists performing.



Popular Posts