Tatlong Gabi Tatlong Araw by Eros Atalia


I love Eros Atalia's works and it has been a while since I read one, so when I saw "Tatlong Gabi Tatlong Araw" included in the Visprint sale at Shoppee and after reading its premise, I instantly added it to my cart.

When I started reading it, however, I got bored. I thought it would've probably sufficed to just make it a short story dahil maligoy. I developed a short attention span after years of having wasting my time on the internet which I am trying to cure by reading novels. But anyway, I already started reading so might as well finish it. Eventually my interest was piqued and couldn't stop reading until I uncovered the mystery engulfing Brgy. Magapok, the fictional place where the story revolved. Although there were clues, I did not exactly guess the twist in the end. Instead, I got it the other way around.

The author succeeds at providing a great picture of the setting by being descriptive. Many people will probably just find the ending bitin but I thought the last chapter would work just fine in a movie format.

The novel has a great premise, even though the story is no longer unique for me (I've read a similar story in a Liwayway magazine when I was young. That story stuck with me just like how Final Destination scenes stuck with most of us.) After reading the end, only one thing came to mind: wow, this will be fantastic when translated into a film! And reading the afterword, the author indeed mentioned that a film is in the works with esteemed filmmaker Chito Rono.

Popular Posts