Pain

Our dog of 14 years died two days after I was admitted at the hospital. After hearing about this from my father, my mother said (in Ibanag), poor dog he had to be the one to take on the misfortune (pertaining to my hospitalization).

I underwent a minor surgery, but as minor as it was, I was in terrible, terrible pain for days after the surgery. I was in so much pain I couldn't even do what I love doing the most--eat 😂 just for a day. Getting up to go the toilet was a laborious task. Few hours after the surgery, I got up to pee, and even before finishing, I started to feel weak. Earlier, I tried to stand up, because my back was already sore from lying for hours but I had to lie in bed immediately because my mother noticed I turned pale. From the toilet, I struggled to walk back to my bed. My mother stopped me from getting up because minutes before, I stood up because my back was already sore from lying for hours but I got weak and turned pale. I thought it was just a one time occurrence. The moment I reached my bed, it was as if all all of my strength had left my body. In a split second, I sweat. I wasn't sure if I was cold or hot. For a moment there, I thought I was gonna die. All because I was being hardheaded.

Pain is good, it means you're alive, the doctor said. Cliche, but true. And I also know how absurd it will be to die from that minor surgery. 😂 I'ts just that I've never experienced that level of pain before.

For a couple of nights, I couldn't sleep because of the pain. There came to a point when I was begging they give me more pain reliever.

I wasn't that strong after all. One minor surgery and I felt like dying. I even had to extend for another day at the hospital because my mother wasn't convinced I could already manage.

It was a few days before Christmas. The pain will soon go away. And I will no longer be able to eat all the food I used to eat. 😭 But it's good to live, healthy and suffering free.

Popular Posts