Ratchaburi

I was in Thailand again for a few days for work. Honestly, I do not mind going to Thailand for work. I love Thailand. It's one of the places I'd be glad to relocate to. We were here for a series of activities, one of which is the ASEAN Cooperative Business Forum, where I participated in the field visit. Going on fields is one of the things I like most about my current job. For this activity, we went to Ratchaburi, a province about two hours from Bangkok.



Yes, it's another Amul, Amul, Amul moment in Thailand! 😄

From the Nongpho, we went to have lunch at Octospider Restauarant in Pasaya Factory Outlet, still in Ratchaburi.


The restaurant has a remarkable exterior, three long tubes facing different directions, standing in posts submerged underwater. I was wondering why the unusual architecture. I thought perhaps the owner just have this spacious land or that they perhaps put more importance into aesthetics rather than building a usual box edifice for an establishment. Our interpreter later explained that the factory treats their own wastewater, thus the water where the three rectangular cube spaces and the walkway stand.


Lunch consisted mainly of deep fried seafood. It was more international than local, probably a special consideration for our group consisting of different nationalities. The only local~ food in here are pad Thai (not so pad Thai either) and tom yum.



"This is dangerous. Stay away from this," our translator told us as my colleagues and I were trying to figure out if the soup infront of us was indeed tom yum. "It's okay, I like tom yum," I answered. And as long as my mother doesn't see me having some, it's not dangerous at all. 😂

I've had tom yum with my meals whenever they serve it at the hotel. One time during lunch, a colleague and I were discussing how the taste of their tom yum differs every time. "Yung kahapon malabnaw, hindi maanghang," he quips. I went to get me a bowl and after a spoonful of the soup, I set it aside. It was too spicy this time. Hayan kasi, malabnaw pala ha. 😅


That was our tour~ bus, parked beside the bicycles of the Pasaya factory employees. The driver tried driving us until the shop's entrance but it was too big for the walkway. 😅

From Pasaya, we headed to the second field site: the Baan Rang Si Mok Agricultural Cooperative.



On our way back to Bangkok, Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me" played on my music player, which made me smile because memories of my Ayutthaya misadventure last year came flashing back.

"There were moments of gold and there were flashes of light". Moments of gold pag nakakakita ako ng billboard ni Mario Maurer sa daan. No joke. 😂 Flashes of light pag nakikita ko yung mga familiar signs sa daan nung sumakay kami sa random bus na di namin talaga alam kung papunta. I remember them names of places we passed by because I had to be attentive because we did not even know where the bus was headed. 😂 Good times.


This building somewhere along the way to Bangkok also caught my attention. There are trees planted in the structure itself.


Of course, all that field visiting made me hungry, even though we were fed enough by the cooperatives we visited. Dinner was in this Japanese restaurant at the hotel.


The napkin fold is so cute I had a hard time unfolding it for use.


When I asked a server to clear my dishes, my colleague noticed my leftover rice and I said it's because bitin ang ulam (the viand wasn't enough). Not that I am complaining, the salmon steak was good. But this should've been a good time for a buffet instead. 😅 Everyone was probably really hungry from the field visit.

Popular Posts