Good food, good drinks, good company

After seeing Thamel House Restaurant and talking with the staff and the owner, my colleague and I agreed that it is a nice place to have the solidarity and cultural night. so she instantly booked the place for the next evening.

Thamel House Restaurant offers performances of Nepali traditional dances, so I thought it was perfect because then, we don't have to perform anymore. 😃 (Well, I was wrong, we still had to dance to start the merriment.)


The restaurant was a good choice because they serve really good local food. It is also noteworthy that the staff were very nice and accommodating.





They call this a wine. But damn, it burns!!
--

In the past couple of years, I hardly drank. I mostly just had alcoholic beverages during special occasions, or when duty calls me to.

I was having a hard time in Kathmandu. So when someone floated the idea of getting drinks, I was so into it. That was what I totally needed. Gracias to our guide and caretaker~ in Kathmandu.


Nope, we did not go here. Apparently, this is an exclusive club frequented by rich Nepali kids. We hang out at another bar nearby, where the servers won't let me pour beer on my mug because I was doing it wrong. 😂 It was frothy whenever I did it. But in my defense, that's only because I was always in a hurry.


That first night back in Thamel, I was drinking more than my colleague's quota for me, saying, that guys do not like girls that drink too much. 😆 Mind you, I did not even ask her to stop me, like  usually tell my friends when we're drinking, because I tend to drink more than I can handle. But that was the only time I drank, in a while. Although I drank enough to have the guts to argue that mo mo is not an authentic Nepali food. I apologized the next day upon learning that I was wrong. Most importantly, I drank enough to send me to sleep after days of not getting enough because my body clock took time to adjust. 


The next night, I went out with colleagues because my roommate must've thought it will make me feel better if I pour out what I was feeling with more colleagues. I'm the type of person that doesn't share problems to people I don't have close relationships with, but probably, somehow, it also helped that I let some people at work know what I was dealing with.


This is downright the best beer I tried in Nepal. Yes, I did drank every night when we were in Kathmandu I felt like I was back to college and my years of working in Ortigas. Once again, I found companionship in this golden fluid.

Popular Posts