Golden Days


I miss the golden sunset in Bangkok. I miss Thai food.

I miss having to spend the night in an airport and (not) sleeping in airport chairs/couches because the next flight is scheduled the next day.

I miss getting just a few hours of sleep because of late preparations for events abroad. 

I miss traveling with friends. I miss getting lost in places. I miss exploring places where I don't speak the language and people do not speak English.

I miss eating food I've never eaten before.

I miss meeting people. I miss talking to strangers.

I miss dining and drinking with colleagues. I miss having conversations with people I just met, the kind that where I don't hesitate because I won't probably see them again anyway.

I don't enjoy the traveling part of a trip, but now I kind of miss it. Having to wake up early if the flight is early. That kaba when you are running late, so you just hope there's no queue 

Popular Posts