Wounded Little Gods by Eliza Victoria


After reading the Naermyth sequel Revelations, I craved for more reads on the same genre. I browsed WhenInManila's list on local books that will be good for a film adaptation and one item particularly piqued my curiosity–Wounded Little God–written by Eliza Victoria. The title itself already stirs curiosity and I also think the book cover is exquisite.

I've already read several other works of the author (Project 17 and A Bottle of Storm Clouds) and she is quite skilled at writing thrillers, but in Wounded Little Gods, she writes about Philippine mythology, so I'm sold.

One morning, I was patiently waiting for the mall to open (during Christmas season, malls open at 11am). I was already awake at 7am and starting to get bored when I realized I could probably find a copy online. Indeed, the book is included in the Visprint items at Shoppee. I was just going to add one more book in my cart for the shipping fee to be waived, but then I saw many other books with interesting plots as well. I haven't been reading in a while so I thought this was the perfect time to sustain my interest in reading once again, I bought 10 books all in all and considered these a gift for myself.

Of course, Wounded Little Gods is first on my list. I started reading it while on the bus trip to Cagayan, I couldn't go deep into the book for the lack of reading light in the bus so I had to wait until I got home to continue reading.

Wounded Little Gods is simply impressive! Adding it on the list of the "stories I wished I should've written" I agree that is will definitely be a great material for a movie or a mini-series.

Popular Posts